A strong, reliable, creative and ingenious pillar of our society
5 OAI professions:
architects, interior architects, consulting engineers, urban designers and master planners, and landscape architects / landscape engineers.
It is compulsory for each of these professionals, whether a natural or legal person, who wants to exercise his profession on an independent basis in the Grand-Duchy of Luxembourg, to be registered with this organisation.
3 missions : legal, professional, cultural.
Beyond its missions as a legal body, as a professional organisation and as an institution of public interest, the OAI enhances the real dimension of its members’ work at an economic, social, artistic and cultural level, to attain a sustainable, smart and high quality living environment.
The OAI is affiliated with numerous international organisations: UIA, ACE, FIDIC, EFCA, ENACA, Euroka,….
Services of OAI members: “Design first, then build smart”
Professional, independent, integrated and detailed design is the best way to guarantee added value to building.
Construction must avoid becoming just an ordinary industrial and commercial process. It is of tremendous importance to establish with the client the right standards of quality from the beginning of each project. OAI members provide creative, functional and economic planning, coordination and supervision of building projects.
Having a close relationship with the client enables OAI members to customise the construction to his specific needs. They develop the project within the available budget and they are ready to follow the “Life Cycle Cost” and circular economy principles.
OAI members work in a stage by stage process: feasibility studies and design of the project, legal requirements, call for tenders and analysis of contractors’ and craftsmen’s quotations, control of the building site and deadlines, as well as control of the quality of execution, assistance to work acceptance.
Added value offered by services of OAI members
It is rare to gather the 5 OAI professions in one single professional body. This facilitates managing and integrating task force teams thus satisfying the client’s needs with accuracy and to the highest standards.
Luxembourg is situated in the heart of Europe and at the crossroad of multilingual cultures. This has a positive influence on creativity, technical know-how and on innovation through interregional and international exchanges. The formation of polyglot and multicultural teams is thus promoted. These influences result in a construction identity specific to the country.
The essence of Architects’ and Consulting Engineers’ profession is such
- qualification, competence, expertise, creativity and inventiveness,
- guaranteeing independence and ethics,
- assuming decennial and biennial responsibilities
- the obligation of taking insurance policies that cover these risks
- avoiding conflicts of interest by renouncing to any commercial activity
- defending public interest and interests of clients and users
Documentation on OAI members
- Directory in the menu « annuaire des membres »
- Selection of projects from OAI members in the “Médiathèque” (Expositions OAI, Publications…)
- www.bhp.lu : Clients Award OAI
1924 individual members (02/2023)
- 1105 architects
- 580 engineers
- 56 Interior architects
- 29 Urban designers (*)
- 28 Landscape architects (*)
- 11 trainees
- 115 non-practicing and honorary members
(*) members registered only in this category.
Registered OBLIGATORY members
- Architects / offices 680
– head office in Luxembourg 532
– head office abroad 148
- Interior Architects / offices 44
– head office in Luxembourg 41
– head office abroad 3
- Consulting engineers / offices 279
– head office in Luxembourg 217
– head office abroad 62
- Urban designers and master planners / offices 169
– head office in Luxembourg 167
– head office abroad 2
- Landscape architects / engineers / offices 21
– head office in Luxembourg 13
– head office abroad 8
6, boulevard Grande-Duchesse Charlotte